Friday, November 12, 2010

Giving Thanks

The first semester of nursing school is winding down, and I couldn't be more ready for Thanksgiving break.  In fact, this year I'll be giving thanks for making it through the boring abyss that is this first semester. I'm not sure if my mid-semester slump just came late, or the effects of burnout from the previous degree took awhile to kick back in, but I am bored with the material and reluctant to study it.  

I am really looking forward to next semester, because I will study Maternal and Child Health.  I have wanted to work in obstetrics and/or neonatology ever since I can remember.   A little birdie told me that I'll be working Saturday clinicals for OB.  This is very good news because I will be placed at a "city" hospital, with higher birth rates and a NICU.  Knowing that I will work in Labor & Delivery and the NICU in just over two months is what's carrying me through the rest of this semester.

0 comments: